Today I wanted to share this sweet little heart box that I found at the antique mall with you. It was in one of those glass display cases, which at an antique mall usually equals expensive, but this particular piece was really cheap...
I love the little face on the front of the box, so I just had to give you a closer look too:
Tons of tiny, ancient little pincushions live inside the box, and I could not help but take them all home with me, especially because they were sold as a lot.
In other news, Ruby Roo and I are getting geared up for our lovely friend Vanessa's big Halloween Blog Party tomorrow:
We just can't wait to see what Vanessa has in store for us and to show off Miss Roo's costume for the year!
I also got tagged by the wonderful Marjorie of MarmeeCraft Blog to list 6 of the Most Randomest Things I can think of, so here goes:
1. I like to pretend I am neat and clean, when I am truly messy and disorganized. I love to see piles of art supplies everywhere!
2. I work on a million different projects at once, that way I can wait for a coat of paint to dry here and a layer of varnish to dry there... Plus, working on many projects at once means that I can be thinking what the next step is on a different piece as I work on the project at hand.
3. My dog, Ruby Roo, prefers ice water from the Brita, just like mom.
4. I learned to knit and crochet just so I could make those cute little stuffed animal toys... Here is one that has been a work-in-progress for quite some time:
5. Lots of stuff in my kitchen is red.
6. I hate hate hate doing the dishes, even now that I have a dishwasher!
And finally, the finished furniture re-do...
It still needs a few touch-ups, but it was so much fun to paint, and I love how it looks now! Okay, I'm off to re-organize the silkscreen studio and work on some of those many works-in-progress...